The gallery is where you upload and store your photo and video media. You can find the gallery either 'more' dropdown menu or by clicking on your user picture.
You can upload media by
- dragging and dropping an image from your PC into the top left box of the gallery listing
- by clicking in the top left box and then locating your media on your laptop
Naming media correctly
CooklyBookly lets you search for media by name when inserting it. If you have a lot of media items they can he hard to find if they are not suitably named.
So, before uploading, we strongly recommend giving your media a file name that makes it easy to find. If you have already uploaded your media then you can rename it within the gallery (see Media details below).
CooklyBookly will downscale your photos and videos to an appropriate size.
- Videos will be downscaled to 720p (1280 x 720).
- Photos will be downscaled to a 1280px but will keep the original aspect ratio.
Landscape vs Portrait
Due to the publishing nature of the CooklyBookly platform, we would strongly recommend following these guidelines.
- Videos should be shot in landscape mode.
- Photos are most adaptable in square, 3:2 or landscape. This makes them well suited to listings and theme display for your regular content posts. We would certainly recommend avoiding portrait if possible.
You can get more detailed information about a gallery media item by double-clicking on the item.
This screen also allows you to renamed your media and add tags to it to help searching.
CooklyBookly has a simple image editor for photos.
Right click on a photo or press the button with 3 dots and then select the Edit option. You will then be shown the edit options.
When you have made changes you should press the Save button or Reset to revert to the original image.
Inserting Images into your content
You can insert gallery items into your content in various ways.
Inserting into text
When using the text editor, you can use the first and third buttons in the editor toolbar to insert media.
Inserting for listing thumbnail
Content items require thumbnail images for listings. To select a media item for your thumbnail, click on the thumbnail box, search for your media, then select an item in the popup. Click Insert item (circled) to insert it into the text.
Inserting theme images
Themes have placeholders for one (and sometimes more) images at preset locations. This is almost always the top of the content.
You should not try to manually place your photos within the text. Instead, click on the Theme images box to bring up gallery bar, locate your media and insert as explained above.