CooklyBookly pays author based on the number of page views generated by any site visitor other than authors viewing their own content. The following pages are counted.
- Your recipe, technique and blog pages
- Your user profile page
- Your listing pages
Until we introduce advertising (see below), we will pay you as follows.
- A basic rate of $4 / £3 per thousand page views.
- A higher rate of $6.50 / £5 per thousand views if you choose to post to social media as described below.
Please note: you must generate at least 1,000 monthly page views to be eligible for remuneration.
For the 3 months after we launch advertising, we will guarantee you the above payment rate.
Qualifying for the higher rate
We appreciate that the way you post on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook is personal to you. However, if you want to maximise your page views and earnings on CooklyBookly and qualify for the higher rate, then please see below for what you should do.
The following applies only to posts you make where you have uploaded a recipe into CooklyBookly.
Include text similar to that shown in the image below. This makes it clear to your followers that your recipes are on CooklyBookly, which will drive higher traffic and earnings for you.
Add "Recipe link in bio’" (or something to that effect) in the first line of your Instagram post caption. The lower down the caption it goes, the less likely people will see it and know that there is a recipe behind the image, which means fewer page views for you. You can put the longer narrative beneath this.
Do not include the recipe in the post
Listing the ingredients and method in your post will also reduce your traffic and earnings.
Change in payment structure
We reserve the right to change the payment structure at any time. Should we do so, then we will email you details of the changes 30 days before such changes take effect.
CooklyBookly will be introducing its own advertising from October 1st, 2020.
Our advertising will be unlike almost all other advertising in the food blogging world. We will be focusing on advertisers that have a clear connection to food and beverage.
Advertisements will be displayed in a fashion that is very sympathetic to the look and feel of author content and will not look like the normal ad network ads you might be used to seeing.
We will pay authors based at a rate of 40% of the revenue we generate from advertisers. Please note
- Our advertisers can choose between impression and click based campaigns.
- We will pay you on the same basis, so if an advertiser chooses an impression based campaign then you will also be paid on impressions rather than requiring a click on the advertisement for you to benefit.
- For authors generating higher loads of traffic, you can choose an advertiser whose ads should be prioritised for inclusion in your content pages.
- Because of this level of matching and the quality of our advertising approach, we should usually be able to generate higher payment rates than less focused advertisements.
- For the 3 months after we launch advertising, we will guarantee you the payment rate described at the top of this page.